A lot people arrested wonder what a DUI lawyer can do to help them. “I blew over .08, can we really fight this?” People need to understand three important facts:
- The breath instrument is not accurate.
- The police must follow technical rules in DUI cases.
- The prosecuting attorneys make compromises to lessen their caseload (particularly for 1st time offenders).
- A DUI lawyer is a full-time commitment to learning the science behind the breath instrument, and the technical requirements involved with the breath test.
There are a number of different factors that can affect the accuracy of the breath instrument, including:
- Breathing patterns
- Elevate body temperature (fever)
- A diabetic condition
- Working in proximity to paint thinners / solvents
- Chewing tobacco, mouth jewelry, and dentures
- Increase in red blood cells (hematocrit)
- Mouth alcohol from belching or partial regurgitation
- Our firm has won DUI cases based on these factors, and we have hired renowned scientific experts to testify in court.
If you or your loved one is facing a DUI allegation, you deserve top representation to defend the case.